The general review policy in JAFM is to:
- keep the manuscript confidential
- do not copy or distribute the manuscript to third parties
- do not disclose or use the manuscript information for any purposes
- provide your comments and viewpoints to the Editors of JAFM only
Please note that the comments remain confidential and can only be accessed by the Editors and the Director of JAFM.
The reviewers are kindly requested to give the assigned manuscripts the same consideration they want one of their manuscripts to receive. If the reviewers find the submission is out of their expertise, they can decline it and introduce their colleagues as a replacement. In such cases, we warmly invite you to contribute to the success of JAFM by recommending JAFM to your friends and colleagues.
In general, for every assigned manuscript you will have to fill out an evaluation form which its items concern with:
- The general novelty and contribution of the manuscript to JAFM aims and scope in general
- The accurate reflection of the content within the manuscript title
- The comprehensiveness of the Abstract
- The validity, reliability and soundness of the methodology
- The plausibility of the extracted conclusions from the results
How to Review for JAFM
Here are the steps you can follow for reviewing a manuscript in JAFM.
When a manuscript is assigned to a reviewer, he/she will be informed by an automatic email. The reviewer should kindly log in to the JAFM website and accept or reject reviewing the manuscript within 5 days. If the reviewer chooses to review the manuscript, he/she will provide comments to JAFM after reviewing which we request to be within a month. In cases you are in the middle of reviewing the manuscript and the process is delayed due to an unexpected event you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request a minor time extension (at most 15 days). Finally, your time for second round of review (if you are chosen for), during which you are required to assess the accuracy and plausibility of authors' modifications, will be due within 15 days.
JAFM is grateful to have your contribution as a reviewer despite your busy schedule. The above time table is for guaranteeing the speedy review process and maintaining the quality of review. We appreciate your timeliness and your kind contribution.
Become a Referee
We feel very positive about the support of you as the reviewer of JAFM, and will warmly invite you to contribute to the success of JAFM by recommending JAFM to your friends and colleagues. The review board requests should be sent to JAFM office through email@example.com.